A practice plan to manage your 45 minute range session
5 Minute Warm-up
Use the 5 minutes while you are waiting to do some warm up exercises and get ready to move.
- Start with a few jumping jacks
- Leg swings front to back and side to side
- Shoulder/arm rotations starts small getting larger (think airplane wings)
- Neck circles
- Ankle circles
- Lunge twists to move the hips
- Jump in place (think power from ground up)
On the Range
- 5 minutes: 60% speed with 7 or 8 iron
- 8 minutes: full swing with 6,7,8 irons
- 15 minutes: start with half swings and work to full swings
- 12 minutes: hybrids, fairway woods and drivers
Be your own Golf Coach
1.Pay attention to your body: Go easy
- Focus on balance and stop if things start to hurt. You are just waking up your golf muscles
2. Pay attention to patterns:
- Is the ball flying left or right all the time?
- Use a rangefinder or estimate how far balls are flying
This info will help you prepare for your next session.
Enjoy your time outside!
PGA of Canada